Responsible for publication delivery process including:
- Establish and maintain accurate publication plans in collaboration with the Lead publication manager and publication team members based on agreed Data Dissemination Plan.
- Ensure timely delivery of publication according to the established Data Dissemination plan.
- Identify appropriate resources for development of publications according to priorities and Data Dissemination Plan.
- Coordinate authorship discussions.
- Prepare briefing packages for publication writers and organize briefing meetings.
- Coordinate publication development from start through publication in the peer-review journal and ensure high scientific integrity of data interpretation.
- Ensure appropriate review and editing of publication drafts to ensure quality and ethical standards.
- Prepare responses to peer-reviewers and journal editors comments.
- Implement Datavision (specific software) to cover the project publication planning and tracking process, including plans update, running of reports and review cycles.
- Document approval of publication content and process.
- Coordinate development of plenary congress activities (abstracts, posters, presentation) with external agency.
Publication Expertise and Content related activities:
- Create and maintain scientific expertise and knowledge in project/project area.
- Develop expertise in publication ethics and processes in alignment with external environment.
- Act as Company Editor for publications:
- Follow ICMJE publication guidelines and company policies for good publication practices.
- Ensure high scientific accuracy and correct interpretation of study data in publications, in collaboration with internal and external authors.
- Edit content, format, style, format, grammar, logic and consistency, according to journal or congress requirements.
- Coach and develop new-comers, other more junior people in all areas of accountabilities and their integration in the team/company.
Project Management related activities (Publication Delivery)
- Actively drive the delivery of publications according to agreed timelines and data dissemination plan.
- Ensure appropriate communication about publication development with all stakeholders (internal and external).
- Ensure update in a timely manner of all project management tools.
- Ensure respect of procedures and policies regarding publication review, sign-off by all required parties prior to submission, archiving of auditable documents, …
- Bachelor in life science, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology (preferably PhD).
- Excellent English and French skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent communication; diplomacy, comfort with a variety of styles and high cultural sensitivity.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Excellent team worker with strong listening skills.
- IT skills include knowledge of powerpoint, word and excel and internet navigation.
- Project Management skills.
- Meeting facilitation skills (matrix teams with no direct reporting hierarchies).
- Experience in science or publication writing (during PhD, MsC or post-doc experience) is an asset